Vale Inco workers are in the fight of their lives. It’s our fight too! Vale Inco wants to take away workers’ pensions, seniority rights, and their share of the profits.
They’ve been holding the line for eight months. The battle is having a devastating effect on these workers, their families and the community. After this long, something has to give. It’s not going to be the workers! Not here in Ontario. Not now, not ever!
The time for solidarity is now!
A Solidarity Rally will be held in Sudbury at 4:30 pm on Monday, March 22 at the USW Hall, 66 Brady Street, Sudbury. Affiliates across the province have been organizing buses, cars and vans to Join the fight in Sudbury! Many are full, but there is limited seating on some buses still available. However, you must confirm your seat on the bus by calling the contact person listed below. Please, do not just show up at the location or you could be disappointed.
Ontario Federation of Labour, bus departs 15 Gervais Drive at 11 am. To confirm a seat, please call Laurie Hardwick at 416-443-7657, Steelworkers Toronto Area Council, bus departs from 25 Cecil Street at 9 am. To confirm a seat, please call Fred Shipley at 647-297-8262, CEP Ontario Region bus departs from Scarborough. To confirm a seat on the bus, contact Laura Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org, CUPE Ontario, one bus departs from City Hall at 9:45 am, a second bus departs from Milner Avenue at 10:45 am. To confirm a seat on either bus, contact Meaghan Dixon at 416-902-4916, Society of Energy Professionals, bus departs from downtown Toronto at 9 am. To confirm a seat on the bus, contact Rod Sheppard at 416-670-6835.
April 15 – Public Sector Leadership Summit, 7:00 p.m, 89 Chestnut St
April 21 – York Region Labour Awards, 7:00 p.m., Sheraton Parkway Hotel
April 24 – Women in Politics Forum – 9:00 a.m., 15 Gervais Dr.
May 8 – Aboriginal Workers/Workers of Colour Conference, 9:00, 15 Gervais Dr.
Visit labourcouncil.ca to download these flyers.
BUSES TO “BRIDGING THE GAP” A SOLIDARITY RALLY – MONDAY MARCH 22
Rebel Youth Thursday, March 18, 2010
What's hot this month
Rebel Youth is looking for hitchhiking stories. If you have a good hitchhiking tale, write us at Rebel Youth (at) ycl-ljc.ca Kieran Szuch...
In Western Europe and America, parliament has become most odious to the revolutionary vanguard of the working class. That cannot be denie...
COPYLEFT - REBEL YOUTH. Powered by Blogger.
About RY Magazine
Rebel Youth offers a weekly pan-Canadian Socialist perspectives on the youth and student movement across Canada and internationally. Produced by the Young Communist League of Canada, we publish in print edition three times a year. Our sister magazine in French is Jeunesse Militante Write us (Rebel Youth 290A Danforth Ave, Toroto ON., M4K 1N6) to get copy of either publication - $12 CND. for four issues. Read the media that fights back. Because there is no time like now to organize!
Donate to our magazine via our publisher, the Young Communist League of Canada
- ► 2013 (76)
- ► 2012 (244)
- ► 2011 (254)
- Tour by "Palestine's Mandela" blocked by Canada
- YCL Ontario supports Sudbury strike
- I will mourn on Nakba Day
- Letter to NDP: quit so-called Canadian Parliamenta...
- VI INTERNATIONAL COLLOQUIUM FOR THE FREEDOM OF THE...
- Free the Cuban Five!
- Out of our shelters!
- Toronto in the struggle for Palestine solidarity
- Harper Budget Viewpoints
- "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely ...
- Support NGO Kairos
- Canadian Youth Climate Coalition - new website
- STOP THE SIEMENS CLOSURE!
- Debates on diversity of tactics
- Union of Young Communists of Brazil - 5th congress...
- South African Students Demand Free Education
- Canadian Peace Alliance Events
- BUSES TO “BRIDGING THE GAP” A SOLIDARITY RALLY – M...
- Celebrating 20 Years: the Rosenberg Fund for Child...
- U.S. May Repatriate Omar Khadr to Canada
- Court Allows Torture Suit Against Former Defense S...
- Reject the 2010 BC Liberal budget! Raise the minim...
- ORN Celebrates Success of Convergence
- Festa del Che 2010 (Solidarity Festival in Catalon...
- Struggles ahead for Ontario youth
- All out to stop fascism in BC!
- ▼ Mar 14 (26)
- ► 2009 (251)
- ► 2008 (36)
- ► 2006 (31)